Did You Know?
50% of all new marriages end in divorce.
Those living together before marriage do not experience the best sex.
Cohabitation before marriage significantly increases the chances for divorce later on, with a divorce rate of 73%.
80% of women who cohabitate before marriage will end up divorced.
Poor communication skills and the inability to resolve conflict are leading causes of divorce.
Couples who participate in pre-marital programs experience a 30% increase in marital success over those who do not participate.
Let’s Talk about Sex…
- Married people have both more and better sex than singles do.
- Married men and women have sex more often than single men & women.
- Husbands and wives experience better sex than sexually active singles.
- Marital commitment increases sexual pleasure.
According to the 1992 “National Sex Survey” conducted by Edward Laumann at the University of Chicago, and another major study conducted by Psychologists Scott Stanley and Howard Markman,
When it comes to kids…
- Children of divorce and single parent homes are three times more likely to drop out of school or to have a baby as a teenager, five times as apt to live in poverty and are 12 times more likely to be incarcerated.
- Children of divorce are at increased risk for an array of emotional and psychological problems that can extend well into adulthood.
- Divorce can cause serious emotional and psychological scarring, and overwhelming financial burdens.
- When divorce happens once, it’s more likely to happen again with a second marriage.
- A healthy marriage contributes to greater physical and emotional health, greater job stability and satisfaction, higher wages, and increased life expectancies.
- Many couples today are seriously lacking in conflict resolution and communication skills, which can strip marriage of intimacy and satisfaction.
HEALTHY MARRIAGE IN THE WORKPLACE
Employers — did you know that happily married couples are more productive at work and enjoy greater job satisfaction? Did you know that couples in healthy marriages enjoy greater physical and emotional health? Did you know that children raised by two parents in a loving, respectful marriage fare better in school and face higher odds for successful, productive lives as adults? CMB can work with your company or business to provide your employees with marriage resources, marriage enrichment opportunities and general information for helping to build and strengthen marriages. We will work with your company to tailor a program that is right for you and your employees. Call CMB today and let’s get started building stronger marriages and families within your workplace.